holidayreviews.info

Reviews on Resorts visited
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 2:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Visit to Waddesdon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:51 pm 

Waddesdon Manor had decorated it's rooms for Christmas and the camera club were invited to come and take pictures half an hour before the general public came. We were guided up the road to the manor passed the general car park until we reached the gates, where Delboy gave his name and the gates opened for me to drive through. I drove passed a shrouded statue of a lady which would look a bit spooky in the dark, eventually arrive in the car park a little late.

The rooms inside the Manor were said to be dark and we would need a tripod to get good photos, as flash photography was not allowed as it can damage certain materials over time. However, one member had kindly lent me a tripod for the day, so quite exciting but didn't have time for any briefing on it ( but how could I go wrong) lol. Well I couldn't find the head adjustment first lol. My pics aren't very good but this is just the start

Well I got the legs of the tripod apart and to the right height but sort of rested the camera on the top as it seemed uneven

I then realised I was the elephant in the room, as I didn't know how to close the tripod legs lol

It was a good job their Ming vases were not on the staircase lol

at the top of the staircase was a statue already lit for me but not sure whether I should have included the light

A small corridor to the right had a tree made from wood and lit

I got down lower for this table setting just to get grandma's view of it, as she would normally get the low wonky chair at Christmas dinner lol

in another room there was a tree lit with large glass balls and a table in front of it with what looked to be an ornate cauliflower decoration

now could I use these in a 'what is it' competition lol

then a sort of lobby room just off the main dining hall had a tree with masks on, I think my lens is struggle here to keep everything straight lol

Then the main dining room laid for dinner, not quite in focus but may look more authentic after a few sherry's in the afternoon lol

notice the oranges and lemons, they must have had quite a few given in their Christmas stockings

now I wonder what would happen if I had the bottom orange lol

stepping outside I found I was in the armoury corridor which was handy if one wanted to cut up the turkey

another room from the corridor, had branches of a tree with candles

with the room opposite having a table with gold, frankincense and myrrh

at the back on a large mantlepiece was a group of camels to finish it off

down the corridor was Narnia, but we weren't allowed in the wardrobe

another room had a Peter Pan scene but didn't quite get it right, the little Darling's were out of focus lol

Now I could have got a new starting intro for East Enders if I was allowed passed the rope

downstairs had a lit corridor which was impressive

leaving the building I headed down to the stables which would be lit at night it was a long walk which I felt one would need a horse to reach it lol

I looked at the clock which was showing 12 noon but my watch was showing a different time. Was this a 'Back to the Future' scene

and a statue of a horse not sure if it's famous but needed to fade the background for a better looking shot

walking around a bottle scupture lol

Finally, well Delboy the pictures aren't brilliant but it's all a learning curve, might see you again lol