holidayreviews.info

Reviews on Resorts visited
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: sixth Event
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:02 am 

Well Tuesday night was a two hour dry window between two periods of heavy rain with just a short shower about 10 to 8. I think I may have been the first at the venue of the Waterside Theatre on the last outside trip of the season at Aylesbury

but this wasn't a club member waiting with me lol

I wasn't sure how this night time event was going to turn out, as for me, my TZ30 hasn't been too good for taking shots in the dark

first of all eight members including me walked up to St Mary's church and it was bellringers night so that is the reason for any blurr on my pictures lol

Aylesbury has been named and rename 57 times, no it was never called Heinzbury. It's first ever recorded name was Aegelburgh, thought to mean the fort of Aegel, but nobody knows who Aegel was It was a strong hold of England but was taken by the Anglo saxons. The Church is said to have an Anglo Saxon crypt but is now consider to be of the period of William the Conqueror the same age as one of the towers.

In the graveyard is the only French Queen buried in England, wife of King Louis xv111, Marie Josephine of Savoy

The streets around the church were just lighting up for the evening

I expect people may be wondering what eight men in a grave yard were doing, were they producing a new series of Dixon of Dock Green

Looking for the odd shot, this for me was my best shot of the evening (what do I know lol)

The light was dropping but the church was lit to give me a final picture

Then it was on to the futuristic Aylesbury bridge, where the bright lights sort of gave out the wrong effect, speaking with one of the members he pointed out I had dirt on my lens lol

so after cleaning it up with a hanky it was just to continue and hope

This bridge is called the Bourg walk, nothing to do with the Drifters or Star Trek enemies lol

Here I was learning from one member how to make light trails by reducing the shutter speed to as slow as possible and keep the camera steady, however, but the time I got the settings, the train had almost stopped and wasn't going to move again lol

so I thought my best chance is by the road and of course no cars come at the right time lol

but I sort of got one but need more practise at this

Then it was back to the Theatre where another member realised he no longer had his car keys and went back to the grave yard to hunt for them, or was he getting better pictures after the bellringer's cars had gone lol

for a final shoot in different light were one member trod on some car keys three times outside the theatre lol

quite enjoyed the evening and you do see things being photographed that one wouldn't normally see done but it's good to learn

so that was the end of the summer outings and the next meeting with be indoors for the winter period