holidayreviews.info

Reviews on Resorts visited
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Third event
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:51 am 

The weather looked a bit more promising at 4pm yesterday when the sun came out but by 7pm there was rain in the air. However, I begrudgingly put £1.50 in the reservoir car park hoping it wouldn't continue to rain and others would arrive but no chance of a sunset or even the sun.

After about 30 mins there were around 10 of us and we decided to walk around and along the canal which ran alongside the reservoir, to see what we could get out of the evening

however, the ducks were always prepared to pose

give us a smile Niami lol (not quite the same is it)

The reservoir is a feeder for water to the canal and a pumping pool area had these lily type flowers in

but to get close to them, it required zooming in but in this light I couldn't get a steady enough hand to it

these evenings do get you out of the house and here there was a mini angling competition going on

then it was on to try and focus on some weeds lol

I took loads of shots of these that looked great on the camera display but not so good on the computer at home

but plenty of chances to change the settings on the camera but too much light on this one

and trying to get the colours right

one member had a super macro lens, with extensions taking the camera out a couple of feet in length and joined together with a flash and disc shield, it looked like a lazer gun that Dan Dare would have been proud of lol

unfortunately I have to allow my camera to focus itself, whilst others can set theirs using a tripod

none of my shots were out of this world

but more out of focus lol

but tomorrows another day lol

but still enjoyable with plenty of chances to get them right but it was just not going to happen for me last night lol

I was given a tip to use a flash on using the macro settings